Midweight Merino baselayer delivering wool performance with enhanced durability.
- Weight: 195 g / 6.9 oz
- Fit: Next-to-skin
- Size Chart
Leveraging the advanced fabric technology of Nucliex™ STR 180 Merino wool, the Satoro AR Zip Neck is a women’s midweight baselayer designed for prolonged backcountry use. Nucliex™ yarn is created by wrapping Merino fibres around a nylon filament. With the Merino next to the skin, it offers the natural comfort and odour resistance of wool, but with nylon’s increased durability. The tall collar adds warmth, and the deep V-neck unzips for rapid ventilation.
Satoro AR Yarn
Wool is renowned for its next-to-skin microclimatic comfort and odour control. Lighter weight wool fabrics are often fragile and are generally lower in abrasion resistantance.
The Satoro AR is 180g/m² merino wool base layer, utilizes Core Spun Wool Technology. This technology combines 18.3 micron Merino wool fibres spun around a nylon core filament.
The nylon core provides a durable substrate that enables the fabric to be:
- 20% stronger in burst strength tests
- 50% more abrasion resistant
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- Merrow stitch seam construction reduces seam size
- Merino wool adds comfort and warmth
- Elastane helps maintain shape when wet
- Gusseted underarms
- Articulated sleeves
- Nucliex™ STR - 180 Nylon Core Spun Merino - 81% Merino wool, 12% nylon, 7% elastane