Female anglers endure the same tough conditions to chase the same challenging fish, and they need purpose-built gear that’s up to the task. Offering uncompromising performance and durability in a women’s-specific design, the waterproof/breathable Spring River Waders are built from our tested-and-proven, 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard polyester fabric package for versatile comfort in the widest range of conditions. With a close but natural fit that still allows room for easy layering, the puncture-resistant, highly breathable Spring Rivers feature single-seam construction that routes critical seams away from high-wear areas for greater durability. The front and back latches on the EZ-Lock suspender system make it easy to slide the waders down to waist height on warmer days, and lock down securely when wading deep; a rear buckle allows you to drop the seat for quick relief without suspenders dangling in the way. If you fish in and out of boats, you’ll also appreciate the flat-panel gravel guards, which drain water quickly and offer increased abrasion and wear resistance while hiking or wading. The streamlined booties are lined with a warm and comfy poly-grid, have a more anatomical, sock-like fit, and are made from a denser 4mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul. Other fishing-friendly details: internal, TPU-waterproof zippered pocket keeps cell phone and car keys dry; Hypalon® utility keeper holds tools for easy use; reach-through kangaroo-style handwarmer pocket; external zippered storage pocket; and a raised Fitz Roy Trout logo to top it all off.
- Polyester microfiber shell features a proprietary H2No® Performance Standard waterproof/breathable barrier with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric, without excessive multiple layers or added weight
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for comfort and versatility; innovative rear buckle system provides drop-seat function for quick relief without removing clothes; full elastic belt for all-day comfort
- Innovative SSC (single-seam construction) seaming completely eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs for less abrasion and greater durability
- Interior welded TPU-waterproof pocket provides protection for camera, cell phone, etc.; laser-cut Hypalon® utility keeper allows easy access to tools
- Reach-through handwarmer pocket; horizontal zippered chest pocket for quick access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant
- Articulated knees; anatomically fit left and right booties have a lower volume, more sock-like fit and are poly-grid lined for added comfort and warmth; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- Flat-panel construction streamlines gravel guards for less abrasion and wear
- Weight: 1197 g (42.23 oz)
- H2No® Performance Standard shell
- Upper: 4-layer, 5.6-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta
- Lower: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta
- Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.