Even if you’re chucking streamers at the bank from a drift boat, you still need to stay dry. Wet boat seats, sudden downpours and that little side-channel you have to fish on foot all call for the comfort and convenience of Patagonia's waist-high Gunnison Gorge Wading Pants. Built with single-seam construction that routes critical seams away from areas of highest wear for increased durability—and Patagonia's tested-and-proven 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabric with a waterproof/breathable barrier and DWR (durable water repellent) finish—the Gunnisons keep you dry and comfy from the waist down. Out of the water, they look and feel like regular pants, with a side gusset that creates a clean-fitting tailored waist and makes them easy to get on and off, self-fabric belt loops and a stretch wading belt with a low-profile buckle for an adjustable fit. Anatomically curved knees and a modified Y-Joint crotch increase flexibility, while the flat-panel gravel guards drain water more quickly than our old design and resist abrasion and wear while hiking or wading. Below the gravel guards, our booties have a more anatomical, sock-like fit and are made from a denser 4mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul. And because you’re always just one step away from an unintended swim, the internal, waterproof TPU-welded utility pocket protects camera, phone or alarm remote. Field repair kit included.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Innovative SSC (single seam construction) seaming eliminates seams from highest wear points on inside of legs
- Self-fabric belt loops; full elastic belt; interior center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Side gusset for easy on/off and a clean, tailored fit at the waist
- Articulated legs
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume and a more sock-like fit; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- Streamlined flat-panel gravel guards drain water faster and are more resistant to abrasion and wear
- H2No® Performance Standard shell: 4-layer, 5.6-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Booties: 4mm neoprene with abrasion-resistant fabric soles
- 887 g (31.3 oz)
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.