Every alpine climber searches for the delicate balance between moving light and fast while staying warm and dry. So we designed the micro-grid fleece interior of our Capilene® Thermal Weight to provide the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, the Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. Self-fabric backing on collar delivers for comfort while a locker loop makes sure it dries quickly. Capilene® Thermal Weight has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Features include a long center-front zipper for venting, full underarm gussets for unhindered shoulder mobility, elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage, flatlock seams to minimize chafing, offset shoulder and side seams to lie smoothly beneath pack straps, and a drop tail for additional coverage.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric with Polygiene® permanent odor control has a smooth face for easy layering; fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance; spandex for stretch and ease of movement. Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Self-fabric backing on collar with internal neck tape for comfort; locker loop for hang-drying
- Offset shoulder seams eliminate chafing under pack straps
- Long center-front zipper vents body heat and is backed for low-bulk comfort next to skin
- Full underarm gusset for range of motion and chafe-free comfort
- Elastic thumb loops for secure hand coverage
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing; drop tail for increased coverage
- Patagonia Women's Tops Sizing Chart
- 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric
- Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 138 g (4.9 oz)
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.