Whether you’re scrambling up high-gradient freestones while trout fishing or doing the deep-water steelhead dance, Patagonia's midweight Skeena River Waders strike an ideal balance between ease of movement and toughness. They’re built from Patagonia's tested-and-proven 4-layer H2No® Performance Standard fabric package using single-seam construction to route critical seams away from areas of high wear, and their streamlined feature set offers comfort, performance and durability for the widest range of fishing scenarios. A slightly trimmer profile around the hip, waist and chest provides an improved fit that still easily accepts layers for long, cold sessions. Motion-oriented patterning through the crotch means it’s no problem to swing a leg over gunwales, and articulation in the leg is designed for moments when fishing brings you to your knees—like keeping a fish wet during the photograph and release. If you fish in and out of boats, you’ll also appreciate the flat-panel gravel guards: They drain water quickly while resisting abrasion and wear while hiking or wading. Patagonia's improved booties have a more anatomical, sock-like fit and are made from a denser 4mm neoprene that resists compaction better over the long haul. Other fishing-friendly features: Skeena River Wader's innovative internal suspension system allows easy conversion to waist height and—this is critical—quick relief without having to remove your jacket or fight sticky zippers; internal, welded-TPU waterproof pocket keeps camera or phone dry and new internal daisy chains on either side provide additional organization options for tools or zingers; reach-through chest handwarmer pocket protects your off hand from the elements; exterior horizontal-zip chest pocket allows quick access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant; and a raised Fitz Roy Trout logo tops it off. Field repair kit included.
- H2No® Performance Standard polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- Waist-mounted EZ-Lock suspenders allow easy conversion from chest to waist height for venting or quick relief, without having to remove jacket
- Full elastic belt for all-day comfort
- Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof zippered pocket flips out for easy access; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: upper reach-through kangaroo pocket and horizontal-zip chest pocket keep hands warm and allow quick access to tippet spools, nippers and floatant
- Articulated legs
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume and a more sock-like fit; resilient 4mm neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- H2No® Performance Standard shell
- Upper: 4-layer, 5.6-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta
- Lower: 4-layer, 5.8-oz 100% polyester microfiber high-density taffeta
- Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Front chest pocket: 9.8-oz 100% nylon stretch mesh lined with 6.4-oz 100% polyester brushed tricot
- 1051 g (37.1 oz)
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
Patagonia developed the 4-layer fabric construction for our waders to increase breathability and abrasion resistance, move moisture away from the body, and decrease the weight.
Our exterior fabrics are densely woven 100% polyester microfibers for durability and puncture resistance. On one side we apply our H2No® waterproof coating for waterproof/breathable performance. On the other side we apply a Hydrophilic laminate that pulls moisture away from the body so it can be passed out through the exterior shell.
To protect the hydrophilic laminate we use a soft polyester tricot lining that increases abrasion resistance yet maintains a soft, supple drape. Finally, we apply a DWR (durable water repellent) treatment as the first line of defense in keeping these waders waterproof.