Trout Shop Policies
Lodging & Boat Rentals:
Reservations require 50% deposits that are collected and applied on a daily basis. If you must cancel your lodging or boat rental reservation for any reason we will gladly refund your deposit less a 10% service fee provided we can refill your reservation with a third party. If you must cancel all or part of your reservation, please contact us immediately. With enough time, The Trout Shop will have the best chance at refilling your reservation and refunding your deposit.
Guided trips require 50% deposits that are collected and applied on a per trip basis. If you must cancel your guided trip(s) for any reason outside 30 days of your reservation date(s), a $50.00 handling fee will be charged per cancelled trip. Your remaining deposit will be refunded immediately. Cancelled trips inside 30 days of your reservation date will result in you forfeiting your deposit.
Credit Card Imprint Required Upon Check-In
Lodge Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Lodge Check-Out Time: 10:00 AM
If we receive your order by 9:00 AM MST Monday - Friday, we can normally ship the same day. We use reliable shipping methods to assure prompt delivery. Items will be shipped via the US Postal Service, Fed Ex or UPS depending on the area, size of the item and cost.
The Trout Shop has the following domestic shipping options
- Free shipping for orders over $50.00. *
- $3.50 shipping for light items such as fly tying dubbing that will fit into an envelope or small box under 13 oz.
- To be determined shipping. Use this option if you want to pay actual shipping charges up to $7.95. This option is often used for items like fly lines. The downside to this option is that your order can be delayed slightly. We need to bill you and receive payment from you for the actual shipping charges.
- $7.95 standard shipping fee. Select this option if your order is under $50.00 and you want us to ship right away.
Delivery times vary. We ship your purchase in a method that balances cost and time of delivery. Our goal is to ship your items to you as fast and as economically as possible.
Expedited shipping is possible. You will be charged the additional shipping charges less our standard shipping cost of $7.95. Please select "Invoice the Actual Amount" shipping option at check out. Include a note with your order requesting the type of expedited shipping you would like. We will send you an invoice on-line for the shipping fees before we ship your order.
- Orders over $350 are shipped for free. Some restrictions for heavy or large items apply.*
- Orders under $350 will be charged the actual shipping fees. We will send you an invoice on-line for the shipping fees before we ship your order.
- International delivery times can not be guaranteed. Delivery times vary by area and customs policies.
Customs and Duties
International orders are not subject to US taxes. Custom or duty fees will be applied by the country of final destination. The recipient is responsible for payment of all applicable duties, taxes or other fees. Please contact the custom office in your country for information on duties, taxes and restricted items.
Exceptions to the Standard Shipping Policies
- Lightweight item orders, such as flies, leaders, etc, may qualify for a lower shipping cost.
- Large, over-sized and heavy items may require additional shipping charges. Please call us at 800-337-8528 or e-mail us for shipping costs before ordering.
- Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii may require additional postage. Please select Invoice the Actual Amount upon check out. We'll invoice you for the actual shipping charges
If you’re not 100% satisfied with your purchase, package and return it to us within 30 days for a full refund, credit or merchandise exchange.
Include With Your Return:
- A copy of your receipt
- A note explaining the reason for your return.
- Your Name
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- All returned items must be in the new condition complete with boxes and hang tags. If items have been worn or used, we cannot refund or exchange your purchase.
- The cost of shipping charges from The Trout Shop to you and credit card fees assoicated with the sales transaction are not refundable unless we made a mistake with your order. If you call your order in and we process your credit card in-house, there is a 7% surcharge placed on returned items. If you purchase your order on-line and return it to us within 30 days, there is no charge for credit card fees.
Wader and Boot Returns
When your waders or boots arrive, try them on inside in a clean environment. Make sure they fit and are comfortable before wearing them outside. If for any reason the fit is not right, ship them back to us. We will work with you to find waders and/or boots that fit you correctly. We cannot refund or exchange waders that have been soiled.
Rod and Reel Returns
You may return your rod or reel provided they have not been used in the field. If you purchase a new rod and find that it doesn’t cast the way you expect, no problem. Send it back in new condition and we’ll find you a suitable replacement. Rods that have dirty corks or have had the warranty card submitted to the manufacturer cannot be exchanged or refunded. If you have us spool your reel with line and/or backing and you want to return the reel, you will be charged for the retail price of the fly line, backing and a service charge of $25 for the rigging.
Shipping Address for Returns
The Trout Shop
110 Bridge Street
Craig, MT 59648-8715
Toll Free: 800-337-8528
We will only collect personally identifiable information (such as name, title, company name, address, telephone number or e-mail address) that you voluntarily provide through our Web site or e-mail correspondence. We will collect general information (such as the type of browser you use, the files you request, and the domain name and country from which you request information) to improve our Web site and better meet your needs.
Use of Information
Before we collect any personally identifiable information, we will provide an explanation for the possible use of your data. The information you supply will be used by us to respond to your inquiries or supply you with requested information on us. It may be necessary, if required by law or if pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations, to release your personally identifiable information. If you have submitted personal information to us electronically and would like it removed or modified, please contact us. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
This Web site contains links to other sites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites.
We guard your online transactions! The actual transmission of your payment information over the Internet is at its safest when your web browser can make an encrypted connection, and for your protection, we will only process your order if you can make such a connection. If you have trouble with the encrypted connection, your computer, web browser, or internet connection cannot support SSL (Secure Socket Layer), then you'll want to contact us to complete your order.