These go-anywhere climbing, hiking and trekking pants with zip-off legs are made with a lightweight nylon fabric (52% recycled) with 50+ UPF sun protection that dries fast and feels light and airy against the skin.
- Made of quick-drying nylon fabric (52% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Regular fit: sits on the waist with a regular rise; relaxed fit in the hips, seat and thighs, then cut straight down to the ankle; best for athletic and muscular body types, as well as larger frames
- Pants convert to shorts with unobtrusive zip-off legs that have color-coded zippers for easy on/off; ankle zips allow pant legs to be removed over boots
- Coin-safe, on-seam front pockets; zippered right-rear drop-in pocket; zippered right-thigh drop-in pocket with internal key loop; all pockets have polyester mesh for drainage
- Inseams (size M): pants, 32"; shorts, 8"
- 3.4-oz 100% nylon (52% recycled) with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish and 50+ UPF sun protection
- Fabric is certified as bluesign® approved
- 314 g (11.1 oz)
Lacking fur, feathers or scales, we humans have to think up clever ways to protect ourselves from the sun. Products with the UPF designation provide built-in sun protection that won’t wear off.
To achieve sun protection, Patagonia takes a varied approach, depending on the degree of protection desired and the fabric used. Elements of the strategy can range from yarn selection to fabric construction to the use of special finishes (especially for light colors which generally provide less protection).
DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.