The warmest, most breathable polyester baselayer with minimal bulk and Polygiene® permanent odor control.
In the Alaska Range, the calendar says May, but the weather says winter. Equally at home during high-exertion alpine routes or freezing nights in a sleeping bag, the micro-grid fleece interior of our Capilene® Thermal Weight provides the greatest warmth combined with the greatest breathability of any baselayer in our lineup. Soft, stretchy and compressible, the Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face that glides beneath layers and a brushed fleece interior to warm your core, wick moisture and feel smooth against your skin. Capilene® Thermal Weight has 30–92% recycled content and is treated with Polygiene® permanent odor control. Features include a brushed elastic waistband for next-to-skin softness, a gusseted crotch for mobility, a functional fly and flatlock seams to minimize chafing.
- Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric has a smooth face for easy layering
- Fabric’s open-grid pattern next to skin provides superior warmth, breathability and moisture-wicking performance with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Spandex for stretch and ease of movement
- Elastic waistband is brushed for next-to-skin softness
- Gusseted crotch for comfort and unimpeded mobility
- Functional fly
- Flatlock seams to minimize chafing
- Size Chart
- 3.8-oz (129-g) Polartec® Power Grid™ fabric
- Solids: 92% recycled polyester/8% spandex; heathers: 92% polyester (30% recycled)/8% spandex; both with Polygiene® permanent odor control
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewing
- Fabric is bluesign® approved
- 133 g (4.7 oz)
bluesign® Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
Polygiene® odor control permanently protects your garments from smelling like a middle school locker room. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates the conditions that bacteria need to multiply, and some of those bacteria produce odors. Polygiene permanent odor control stops the growth of odor-causing bacteria on fabrics, so you can wear more and wash less.
Active only on the fabric surface, Polygiene permanent odor control does not interfere with perspiration or with the skin’s natural bacterial flora. Polygiene particles are more than 100 times larger than nanoparticles and therefore are too large to penetrate to the skin’s barrier. Polygiene-treated fabrics have received Medical Class 1 approval in Europe, the same class that includes bandages.